The upcoming event is the?Servants with a Heart (formally Kids Against Hunger) packaging event in the Tega Cay Glennon Center on March 2, 2014. The packaged meals will be for families in need both locally and across the seas. The goal is make 100,000 packaged meals so the group estimates they will need to raise $15,000.
To have Tega Ray sitting pretty in your Tega Cay front yard for 24 hours, you will need to donate $25 to?Servants with a Heart. ?Please contact Emily Jaeckli at email@example.com to make donation arrangements.
The Rooster campaign began with a post on the Tega Cay’s city Facebook page on Nov 8th.
Here are the Tega Ray Donation details on the City’s Facebook Page:
Once you made your $25.00 donation, then you’re free to move Tega Ray to your home, yard, or other Tega Cay location. Snap a picture, and submit it to the city?s Facebook Page. Whoever wants to borrow it next, will need to come find him. It?s a seek-and-find with a giant metal Rooster!
Here are Tega Ray the rules?
- Once you have him, he?s yours for the next 24 hours.
- If you’re looking for him, you must not move him until 24 hours after the picture is submitted to the city?s Facebook page
- If no one has moved him from your space within 48 hours, you can move him to the next location. Again, take his picture and submit it, but this time, tag the person who has him now. (For some perspective, it?s fun to leave him with someone who?s having a bad day or a rough time: ?You thought *yesterday* was bad? Well, now you have an enormous metal chicken to deal with. Perspective. Now you have it.)
- He MUST stay within the City limits
- Feel free to dress him up or decorate him. HOWEVER, please DO NOT paint him, tattoo him, or otherwise alter him permanently (Please do not ALTER someone else?s decorations!) . If you do, we will find all kinds of other fun stuff in the city for you to paint (fences, bathrooms, fields).
- Please do not let your children climb or ride on him
- Please try not to place him in compromising positions with other art works or lawn ornaments and keep him on the ground
- Please make sure that he is secured outside. We have thoughtfully provided some stakes for you to do so.
- Above all, be careful ? he?s sharp, yet fragile ? and have fun with this!
A couple of things ? don?t forget to LIKE the city?s FB page ? that will allow you to post your pictures ell. Also, several people have asked if they can reserve the rooster. Nope ? it?s first come, first serve, as I have absolutely no desire to manage the schedule of a giant Rooster!