- Get fully Pre-Approved before looking at houses.? (We offer this service free of charge)
- Allow at least 21 days to close (from contract being fully executed and loan application being made)
- Provide documents that your lender requests quickly (same day) and fully legible (make sure you give all the pages)
- Don’t move money within your accounts or apply for new credit during the process
- Set-up your homeowner’s insurance at least 10 days before closing.? (It really stinks to have loan approval and not be able to send out the closing package because of insurance, it only takes 10 minutes to get this done)
- DON’T quit your job… no really this does happen!
- ASK your lender any questions you have about the process… we are here to help.? The better you underestand what to expect, the better your overall experience will be!
- Do your mortgage with us… sorry I had to throw that one in!!?
Olan Carder contributes articles to Homesfortmill.com on?a regular basis. He works in the Charlotte NC metro market which includes Fort Mill, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie SC,
Olan has recently started his own mortgage blog. If you are looking for more mortgage tips and information, check out his new blog at http://charlottemortgageonline.com/.