Looking for something to do on the 4th of July this year in the Fort Mill area? Tega Cay and Baxter Village have great events planned all day and into the night. Looking for a professional fireworks show? Go to Tega Cay.
Tega Cay puts on one heck of a party every 4th of July. Its not just the 4th of July in Tega Cay, It happens to be Tega Cay?s Birthday. 2014 will be Tega Cay?s 32nd Anniversary! The day is full of planned events:
- Land Parade, starts at 9:00 AM down Tega Cay Drive.
- After the parade, catch one of the trolleys (pick up at Glennon Center, Runde Park, Turner Field) and head down to Windjammer for the Canoe Joust at 11:00.
- The Boat Parade will depart from Nivens Creek at 11, and make its way around the peninsula, landing at Windjammer at 12:30.
- Hang out at Windjammer for the 1:00 Carolina Show Ski Team?s Performance.
- Bring the kids by the Pavilion at the Golf Club from 3:00-5:00 for the Splish-n-Splash Summer Bash.
- Join the Tega Cay Lions Club for their annual Fish Fry from 4:30 to 7:30, with live music from Gump Fiction.
- At 8:15, the City Ceremonies and our Birthday Party begin a Pavilion at the Golf Club t
- At 9:30, the celebration continues under the stars enjoying the professional fireworks show.
- Then stick around for more live music from Gump Fiction.
Don?t forget about golfing in Tega Cay??Red, White & Blue Golf Tournament. The tournament is put on by the Tega Cay Men?s Golf Association and the format is 4-person Captain?s Choice (Ladies you?re encouraged to sign up too!). The tournament will begin with a 9:00 AM shotgun start. For more information, contact Josh Brownell, Director of Golf Operations.
Event organizer is Emily Jaeckli Community Relations Committee. For more info go to the Tega Cay city Website
Baxter Village has several activities planned for the 4th of July 2014. Events begin the night before (July 3rd) with Music in the Park concert, followed by a parade Friday morning and poolside fun midday.
Here is the basic schedule for July 4th:
- 9 AM Parade Lineup in Town Center
- 9:30 AM Parade along Market St.
- 11-4 PM Poolside Celebration
- 9:00 Parade Participant Lineup, Baxter Town Center
- 9:30 Parade Begins, Town Center along Market Street
- 10:15 Welcome & Water Balloon Toss, Community Center Green
- 10:30 Largest Line Dance & Lawn Games, Community Center Green
- 11 to 2 Poolside Cookout, Delicious Drinks & Treats w. Beef 0? Brady?s, Fun limes Shaved Ice and other great vendors.
- 12 to 4 Music, Fun, Games & Prizes w. Little Dreamer Productions
Other Area Fireworks Shows
Lake Wylie’s fireworks display begins at dusk, about 9:30 p.m. The best viewing is from Buster Boyd boat access area.
Carowinds has a nightly fireworks show which begins at 10 p.m. including ?July 4.