The South Carolina State Fair in Columbia is going Pink this year. The annual 12 day fair is Oct 8-19th 2014. The SC State Fair is distributing more than 100,000 packets of pink forget-me-not seeds to kick off its 2014 campaign “seeds of hope,” supporting awareness and early detection of breast cancer across the state.
What is the SC State Fair? Its’ an annual 12-day fair, held during October when people of all ages come to the Columbia to participate in the South Carolina State Fair, recognized as one of the TOP 50 Fairs in the United States. The fair features nationally recognized entertainment in the grandstand, stages with a variety of acts such as comedy, bands, dancers, local entertainment and entertainment from across the state. You’ll also find carnival rides, art, home arts, horticultural, agricultural and livestock competitions and exhibits.
The 2014 entertainment lineup is sponsored by Pespi and includes:
- THE MARSHALL TUCKER BAND w/ SAY BROTHER opening Wednesday, Oct. 8, 7:00 pm FREE*
- SHOVELS & ROPE Thursday, Oct. 9, 7:00 pm FREE*
- JENNIFER NETTLES Friday, Oct. 10, 7:00 pm $30
- LEE BRICE Saturday, Oct. 11 7:00 pm $20
- FRED HAMMOND Sunday, Oct. 12, 4:00 pm FREE*
- ZZ TOP Wednesday, Oct. 15 7:00 pm $30
- BRITT NICOLE w/ CITIZEN WAY Friday, Oct. 17, 7:00 pm FREE*
- MC HAMMER Sunday, Oct. 19, 6:00 pm FREE*
*With gate admission
Get discounted fair tickets if you buy by October 7th 2014 more info at http://www.scstatefair.org/events/2014/discount-tickets-on-sale-now