Fort Mill: Fort Mill traditionally shoots off a Civil War era canon in Confederate Park for the 4th of July. The one hour ceremony starts on the Main Street band stand at 10 a.m., with an address by Mayor Guynn Savage. Following the welcome, there will be an opening prayer, posting of the colors and the annual cannon firing.
Tega Cay celebrates both the Country’s Independence and the city’s birthday. It’s Tega Cay’s 34th Anniversary. The following Talk of the Town video featuring the 2015 Tega Cay events will give you an idea what the 4th of July is like in Tega Cay, SC.
Here is the 4th of July 2016 schedule for Tega Cay:
- 9:00 am – Red, White & Blue Golf Tournament.
- 9:00-‐10:30 Land Parade – Tega Cay Drive
- 11:00 Boat Parade Begins – Nivens Creek Landing 11:00
- Canoe Joust – Windjammer when the Boat Parade Arrival at Windjammer
- 1:00-‐2:00 Ski Show -‐ Carolina Show Ski Team – Windjammer
- 3:00-‐5:00 Splish-‐n-‐Splash Summer Bash –– Golf Course Pavilion Area Water Inflatables, DJ, face painting (free admission)
- 4:30-‐7:30 Lion’s Club Fish Fry – Glennon Center. Tickets available in advance or at the event. Call (803) 369-‐3013.
- 7:30 – 8:15 City Ceremonies & Birthday Party – Glennon Center 9:30 Fireworks – Lawn at Glennon Center
Events around the the area:
Baxter Village holds its 10th annual July 4 parade at 9 a.m down Market Street. The parade includes everything from decorated floats to golf carts to scooters and walkers.
Carowinds offers one of the largest fireworks celebrations in the region at 10 p.m.
Lake Wylie – The July 4 fireworks display is over Lake Wylie. You can see the Fireworks by boat and by land. The show is launched from Camp Thunderbird beginning at dusk, about 9:30 p.m.
Charlotte Knights game Fireworks show after the game downtown Charlotte.