Fort Mill SC Homes For Sale links:
Fort Mill South Carolina History and Facts:
To See Fort Mill Events and Photos go to?SeeFortMill.com?
Fort Mill South Carolina is a beautiful place to live. Fort Mill has a small town atmosphere but is located just minutes away from Charlotte, NC.
Fort Mill takes its name from a colonial-era fort built by the British and a grist mill on nearby Steele Creek. The area has a rich history. The Catawba Indians made their home here for many years. Scotch-Irish settlers began arriving in the 1750’s and 1760’s, and a small settlement soon developed. Fort Mill grew rapidly in the late 1800’s as textile mills were established. (from the Fort Mill Downtown Association web site). Visit their link for more Fort Mill information…Fort Mill Downtown Association
“The recent growth in this area has been phenomenal. From 1990 to 1998, the township’s population rose from 17,300 to 25,000. When we reach the year 2015, our projected growth will be 35,219. From the resort community of Tega Cay to the small-town charms of Fort Mill to the unspoiled rural stretches of Indian Land, people are finding it the ideal place to call home. It’s no wonder, since Fort Mill Township has a rich history that enlivens the community.” ( from the Fort Mill Times web site). Visit their link for more Fort Mill information…Fort Mill Times
Baxter Village in Fort Mill, SC.
York County Library at Baxter Village in Fort Mill, SC.
Some Fort Mill, SC. Subdivisions or communities:
- Baxter Village – See a free custom home for sale list and search
- Sutton Place
- Waterstone – See a free custom home for sale list and search
- Walden Park
- Gold Hill
- Knightsbridge – See a free custom home for sale list and search
- The Reserve
Fort Mill SC School District
- Fort Mill Hight School (rated 10)
- Nations Ford High School (new)
- Gold Hill Middle School (rated 10)
- Springfield Middle School (rated 10)
- Fort Mill Middle School (rated 10)
- Fort Mill Elementary (rated 9)
- Orchard Park Elementary (rated 10)
- Gold Hill Elementary (rated 10) A national Blue Ribbon School
- Riverview Elementary (rated 8 )
- Springfield Elementary (rated 10)