Maximizing Curb Appeal
Before potential buyers even see what the home has to offer, they view its exterior. As a result, an unkempt or unattractive view of the outside of the home could potentially result in a missed opportunity. To show the house in its best light, consider the following:
1. Move all materials, including garbage cans and gardening supplies, from the front yard and into a garage or shed.
2. Mow the lawn and weed and maintain all planted areas.
3. Replace any outdoor light bulbs that are not working.
4. Sweep walkways and steps, and remove all small items from the porch or patio.
5. Replace worn or badly stained door mats.
Inside the House
Once a potential buyer enters the home, they need to determine if it will meet their needs and expectations. Give them the best view of the home’s interior by following these steps:
1. Remove the home of any clutter by limiting decorative objects and clearing all unnecessary appliances from the kitchen countertops.
2. Rearrange or remove furniture to highlight the space in a room.
3. Review each room and clean or vacuum if necessary.